ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Unit is the parent arm of the Department responsible for staffing, overall management and efficient and prudent use of allocations for the Department provided for in the annual budgetary provisions for the sector. The different sections in the Corporate Unit are as follows with their roles:
1) Finance And Administration:
- Ensuring that efficient corporate services are provided;
- Developing and promoting effective monitoring and evaluation systems to assess service deliveries;
- Ensuring financial accountability and transparency is practiced within the department;
- Ensuring that the Department works within the approved budget allocations and guideline.
2) Planning, Training, Communication & Community Outreach:
- Strengthening area of capacity building offered to cultural officials, communities, schools in the delivery of Heritage and Arts services;
- Identifies required training needs and formulates a Training Plan;
- Promotes and arranges training opportunities, including working closely with the Learning & Development Unit and other stakeholders;
- Responsible for the coordination of the development, monitoring and evaluation of the Departments’ plans and required reports;
- Leveraging Culture through building partners, networking, information sharing through website, publication and social media platforms;
- Manage the culture & heritage outreach program to the communities and work effectively with stakeholders from various institution.